Thursday, December 29, 2011

5 years.





{before}

{finished to perfection}




Ryan and I came up with the brilliant idea to cook a huge meal for our family on Christmas Eve (also our 5 year anniversary).  We absolutely love entertaining – cooking, eating, drinking and being merry.  But this was our first attempt at cooking a 13 lb prime rib, and in a 1950’s O'Keefe Merritt gas stove.  I’m not going to lie, I was nervous!  And of course, what happens… our oven breaks an hour into cooking.  Ryan, being the calmer one, took charge of the oven situation while I finished my side dishes (crock pot mac n’ cheese <recipe>, green salad, and homemade stuffing w/turkey sausage).  Before I knew it, the prime rib was on the barbeque grill and the repairman was in route.  Honey Bader don’t care… he just shoved the prime rib on the grill.  Haha!!  An hour later the prime rib was back in the oven.  And that is why I love this man!  He is one of the best gifts of my life.  Ryan and I shared another wonderful day together, with our family. 

======================================================

After 5 years together, we finally had photographs taken of our little family.



{with our kids, Sienna & Mieka}





Big thanks to our lovely photographer, Juliana!  Check out her blog <here> to see more of her work.

xo
Vix

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on 5 years girl! I just love the pictures you guys took. You look stunning & so, so happy.

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete