Wednesday, December 29, 2010

why do i run?

that's an easy question for those that are close to me  -  I RUN SO I CAN EAT MORE
or at least that's the reason i started running. 

about a year ago, i decided i wanted to be a runner.  my first run outdoors, in 8+ years, was horrible!  definitely different than running on a treadmill.  i could barely finish a mile, my whole body hurt and i was extremely slow.  i kept with it though.  i began running 2 to 4 miles, 3 to 4 days a week.  it was hard, but each run got easier. i registered for running events and started training.  then before i knew it, i was running 6, 8, 10 and even 12 miles.   i'm addicted now.  i love setting goals and accomplishing them. i love pushing myself and the way it makes me feel.  i love that it gives me time to think, or not to think.  i don't love getting up early in the mornings (not exactly a morning person as Ryan will tell you), but once i'm out there i'm loving it... well, except for the occasional fall (yeah, i'm clumsy too). 

running is helping me become a better me and i'm excited for my 2011 goals.   

recap of 2010 running

1. 2/13/2010 Legal Services of Northern CA Annual Valentine Run 4 miles
(benefits free legal services to the disadvantaged)
2. 5/1/2010 American River Parkway 1/2 Marathon
3. 6/6/2010 Nike Women's Fitness Festival 5k
(benefits Weave)
4. 10/3/2010 Urban Cow 1/2 Marathon
(benefits Leukemia & Lymphoma Society)
5. 11/25/2010 17th Annual Run to Feed the Hungry 10k


goals for 2011

1. LSNC Annual Valentine Run
2. Shamrock'n 1/2 Marathon
3. SPCA Doggie Dash 5k
4. Nike Women's Fitness Festival 5k
5. Urban Cow 1/2 Marathon
6. 18th Annual Run to Fee the Hungry 10k
7. 29th Annual California International Full Marathon (**first full marathon**)

No comments:

Post a Comment